Emerging Scam Alert
August 7, 2015
Find out more about some emerging scams such as housing assistance programs, phone scams, and medicare beneficiaries.
Some tips to avoid phone scams:
1. Con artists will force you to make fast decisions and may threaten you.
2. Con artists disguise their real numbers, using fake caller-IDs.
3. Con artists sometimes pretend to be the government (i.e. IRS).
4. Con artists pressure you not to call your family or friends.
5. Con artists try to get you to give them personal information like your social security number or account numbers.
6. Before giving out your credit card number or money, please ask a friends or family member about it.